A killing frost threatens, so I must get at the final harvest tasks. The to-do list is growing, and here I sit on the couch, stretched out and relaxed with my laptop. Maybe all of this will look more possible tomorrow.
- Dig up garlic plot. There may be at least three bulbs I can pull apart and plant.
- Bring in all tomatoes big enough to ripen. They will ripen indoors.
- Bring in the mini-greenhouse shelves and herbs.
- Transplant blueberries into pails for the winter in preparation for the garage replacement project that would surely destroy them.
- Make a trip to Fleet Farm for a backyard shed. Start moving garden tools and equipment out of garage and into shed.
- Empty rain barrels. Turn them upside down for the winter.
- Bring in any peppers of decent sizes.
- Pull pepper plants out of straw bales.
- Spread straw around garden.
Know what, friends and readers? Lying here with my laptop is looking better and better. Maybe I’ll work on laundry and take naps instead.