>Since La Petite wsn’t happy with the jar of crunchy peanut butter in the cupboard, I had to do something. You guessed it: cookies!!
Peanut Butter Cookies
from the Good Home Cookbook
3 cups all-purpose flour
2 teaspoons baking soda
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 cup shortening or butter
1 cup granulated sugar
1 cup firmly packed brown sugar
1 cup crunchy peanut butter
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
2 large eggs (or 1/2 cup egg substitute)
1. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
2. Sift the flour, baking soda, and salt into a medium bowl and set aside.
3. Beat together the shortening, sugars, peanut butter, and vanilla extract. Add the eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Stir the flour mixture into the bowl and blend thoroughly.
4. Shape the dough into 2-inch balls and place them 2 inches apart on ungreased baking sheets.
Press each with the tongs of a fork twice, in opposite directions, to make a criss-cross pattern.
5. Bake for 8 to 10 minutes, until golden brown.
6. Let stand for 2 minutes, then transfer to wire racks to cool completely.
These are delicious. In fact, I don’t have any pictures; the cookies are gone. We ate them for snacks, dessert, and breakfast.