Folks, I’m updating my LinkedIn profile with descriptions of past positions. The challenge is this: I’m not seeking a teaching job. I want to stress different skills honed while teaching. I’d like to demonstrate a sense of humor, but that’s dangerous on a professional style web site. Here’s an example. Input, friends and colleagues?
- Adjusted to new routines, schedules, & locations daily
- Responded to last minute requests
- Practiced communication skills with all ages
- Found talent in thinking quickly, changing plans in progress as necessary
- Demonstrated patience of a saint
- Learned curriculum for multiple grade levels
- Differentiated instruction to meet students’ needs
- Integrated the arts into classroom instruction
- Communicated and cooperated with colleagues
- Evaluated student progress using a variety of assessments
Many of these are still too educational in nature. Other possibilities, terms and words that might fit:
- mastered knowledge base – content material
- recognized different learning styles
- continued training and coursework
- initiated grant applications (this on is on my resume already)
- provided leadership in technology
battled public perception and kept positive attitudeoops, getting snarky there.
- balanced increasing workload
did more with less every year
In general, I prefer the Sub Teacher list. Ideas, readers? Please leave a comment or two. Or more.