- Bad: It’s several days after the disaster, and we’re still running fans to help dry out the standing water in the basement.
- Good: The fans are working. We have several.
- Ugly: The damp stains left behind and their suggestion of damage to the foundation.
Good, Bad, and Ugly: We’ve decided to handle the clean-up ourselves rather than hiring a cleaning service.
- Good: Chuck made several phone calls to city folk and construction crews, and he actually talked to real people, not voice mail.
- Bad: The construction guys who broke the water main lied about how they handled the situation. Professional? Not.
- Ugly: There are more phone calls left to make.
Good: the water pressure in the laundry seems okay.
Bad: The laundry still needs to be done, no matter what else is happening in life.
Ugly: There are more dirty jeans and t-shirts and rags and towels due to the clean-up.
- Bad: the water pressure in the upstairs bathroom is weak.
- Good: the water pressure in the first floor bathroom is fine.
- Ugly: this calls for another set of phone calls and a visit from the plumber.
Bad: We still can’t use our driveway or garage due to construction.
Good: That leaves us space in the garage to store basement items while we await another visit from the adjuster or the foundation expert.
Ugly: We still can’t use our driveway or garage due to construction.
- Good: My Crocs, those ugly yet perfect gardening shoes, are also perfect for wandering through the waterlogged basement.
- Bad: Crocs are ugly.
- Ugly: Crocs.
Bad: The multitude of boxes on the floor soaked up water.
Good: Many boxes, set aside for recent moving adventures, were empty.
Ugly: Wet boxes are not recyclable. They also smell. For what it’s worth, they’ll be biodegradable if I can fit them all in the compost bin. hahahahahahahaha