- You need it to pass this grade.
- It’ll be on the test.
- Because I said so.
- No one, but no one, graduates without knowing this.
- You’ll have to repeat the grade if you don’t.
- Because the Powers That Be think it’s essential to living.
- Life’s not fair. Get used to it.
- You won’t go out to recess until you can prove you know it.
- Every adult needs to understand double digit divisor division thoroughly in order to make a living and pay the bills.
- Someday you’ll thank me.
- Trust me. I know these things. I just do.
What are your kids learning in school? And why are they learning it? If you want to avoid these ridiculous answers to the ever present question, you could sidetrack the questioner and head to Scholastic’s new parent web site. They have all kinds of information for parents of children from preschool to middle and high school.
And if you’re still thinking of Scholastic as just a place to buy books, you can shop at their site by using the code BLOGBLAST – which gives you 10% off with purchase of $25 or more, valid 10/12 – 10/21. I might pick up a few things for my classroom or for Christmas.