>La Petite came home for a busy weekend: her birthday celebration, Husband’s birthday celebration, her boyfriend’s sister’s graduation, and (drumroll, please) she’s going to the Green Bay Packer game on Sunday.
To understand just how big this is, you need to know a few things.
- This is a milestone birthday: her 21st.
- La Petite grew up in the shadow of Lambeau Field. Literally. When she drove her boyfriend through the old neighborhood and showed him the proximity of the home to the Packers’ complex, his response was, “Wow. I always thought you were exaggerating. You weren’t.”
- Green Bay Packer games have been sold out since the 1960s. Season tickets get passed down in wills, fought over in divorces, and in general are more vaulable than gold.
- The Packers’ current 10-2 record (and the unspeakable possibility of a major quarterback retiring) have made single game tickets expensive and rare.
- Her boyfriend isn’t a big football fan, and his favored team is (having a poor season) somewhere in Florida.
Well, said boyfriend made connections with his roommate’s girlfriend’s family. They own four tickets, and they’re only using two this weekend. He made them an offer, and they took it. He took a deep breath, called us, and asked if we could chip in. We said yes, absolutely. This kid is thoughtful, sweet, a major character, and he really cares about La Petite. In short, he’s family. If they break up, we might just keep him. (It’s okay, daughter, I’m kidding.)
So she came home Friday night to gather her green and gold and wrap a present for her dad. And as she walked in the door, she politely let me know, “Mom, I didn’t pack any clean clothes. Could you, like, start laundry tonight?”
Well, at least she’s old enough to bring up the laundry baskets and help.
>I’m expecting my 26 year old home again soon after a year away. Didn’t she ask you so nicely though?
This is my calling card or link“Whittereronautism”until blogger comments get themselves sorted out.
>Hopefully all of her clothes aren’t green and gold. A little purple in the wardrobe gives one just a little excitement now and then…
>For the record, the Jacksonville Jaguars are actually having a pretty good season. They as of last week were good contenders for the Wild Card pick.