>Well, attempting to keep my sanity intact, at least.
Seeking out supportive people:
- I had lunch with a former colleague, saw pictures of her grandson
- a neighboring teacher brings me Starbucks frequently
- I continue to take training with a literacy coach I respect, and she is one of my strongest advocates.
- I truly appreciate a husband who not only fixes the house, but cooks like an Iron Chef.
Actively taking care of health:
- My Neti Pot and me, we’re friends. Friends don’t let friends get sinus infections.
- My multi-vitamin + iron, it’s my pal. Anemia, begone!
- Weekends are for napping, sleeping in, and drinking lots of fluids. Laundry can wait.
Actively seeking out opportunities for relaxation
- fire in the fireplace on a rainy day: warm and cozy.
- nibbling on chocolate cake made with the last garden zucchini: delicious.
- pumpkin pie spice flavor in my Dashboard Joe coffee: sweet.
- Watching the Wisconsin Badgers with my sporty son: priceless.