>I’ve been tagged by Jennifer at Ziff-Niffer. Memes are actually handy during NaBloPoMo; they relieve me of the task of thinking up topics! My mission, since I’ve accepted it, is as follows.
1) Link to the person that tagged you, and post the rules on your blog.
2) Share 7 facts about yourself.
3) Tag 7 random people at the end of your post, and include links to their blogs.
4) Let each person know that they have been tagged by leaving a comment on their blog.
Seven facts? If you’ve read Compost Happens at all you know that I’m a teacher, I love to read, and I enjoy our pet rabbits (most of the time). In the spirit of the meme, I’ll find seven random facts that may not be so obvious.
1. I enjoy baking, but I’m not as fond of cooking. Thanksgiving was fine because it meant a turkey, which is easy. Stuff it, stick it in the oven, and let it cook for hours.
2. I have a bad cold at the moment, which is quite frustrating because it plugs up my already impaired ears. World, I’m sorry, but I honestly can’t hear you today.
3. I like second hand, consignment, and thrift stores. I find fabulous deals on decent clothes and books (and more!) in all of those places.
4. I asked “Santa” for a new laptop for Christmas. I know I’m not going to get one, but it puts the idea out there.
5. I’d love to teach half time and spend mor etime writing, but it’s not to be.
6. I am constantly fighting the battle of the clutter monster. No, don’t recommend FlyLady or similar services; I don’t have time to teach all day and then deal with her daily suggestions.
7. I’m reuniting with my grad school friends next weekend for a shopping trip. I’m not a big shopping fan, but the van ride together will be like old times, bonding and chatting and catching up. I don’t care if I don’t buy a thing, even though my gift card prize arrived in the mail on Wednesday.
I tag…(this is tough because I read and enjoy so many people!):
Mom-not otherwise specified
Shash at Diary of a Crazed Mommy
Margalit at What was I Thinking?
Michelle at Scribbit
Kelly at Mocha Momma
Jenn from Mommy Needs Coffee (oh, I can identify with her blog’s name)
Shannon (the Red Sox fan) at Believer in Balance
>Hope your cold is better! That’s too bad when it’s a four-day weekend.
>Hope you are feeling better soon — oh, and that Santa gets you that new laptop 😉
>We have lots in common… I love to bake but hate to cook, I would much prefer to shop at thrift stores, and I too am hoping to see a laptop under the tree. Here’s hoping for us both! 🙂
Thanks for your comments on my blog! I really appreciate it!
>My responses are up! 🙂
>I so relate to No 6 and I’ve also avoided the FlyLady – mainly because I know I’ll just feel inadequate!
>my meme is up…finally!! 🙂
Thanks for being so patient!