>Chocolate Chip Oatmeal Cookies with a hint of Peanut Butter
Remember when we bought crunchy peanut butter by mistake and I had to bake cookies? Such a sacrifice it was! Well, a lovely day came along with a cool breeze through the house, no air conditioning needed, and the snack basket was looking a bit empty…you guessed it. Cookie time!
I used a recipe from the Good Home Cookbook, which is rapidly becoming my go-to source in the kitchen, and substituted the remaining crunchy peanut butter for part of the butter. Feel free to readjust the amounts, as long as the proportions are correct.
1 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
1/2 teaspoon salt
3/4 cup (1 1/2 sticks) butter or margarine, softened
1/4 cup peanut butter
1/2 cup sugar
2 large eggs or 1/2 cup egg substitute
2 teaspoons vanilla extract
3 cups quick-cooking oats
1 cup walnuts – (optional)
1 cup semisweet chocolate chips
1. Preheat the oven to 375 degrees.
2. Sift the flour, baking soda, and salt into a medium bowl and set aside.
3. Beat together the butter, peanut butter, and sugars in a large bowl. Add the eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Beat in the vanilla extract, then gradually beat in the flour mixture until just blended. Fold in the oats, walnuts, and chocolate chips.
4. Drop rounded tablespoons of dough onto ungreased baking sheets.
5. Bake for 12 to 15 minutes until golden brown.
6. Let stand for 2 minutes, then transfer to wire racks to cool completely.
Mmm. La Petite would probably eat these for breakfast. Me? I’ll eat them any time of day.
This post was written for Parent Bloggers Network as an entry for a contest sponsored by Brothers-All-Natural. But I must confess: even as I’m baking good things for my kiddos at home, I have a small package of Koala cookies (chocolate, of course) hidden behind my desk at school.
>I had a Friday commitment canceled at the last minute. I knew there had to be a reason. Time to bake cookies!
>Oh yum. I love recipes that dump in what I have in my cupboards!
>Good luck with the contest. My son Nicholas would like these cookies. No baking done here until October due to weather conditions, hot hot hot in kitchen without an oven on.