She was a woman of firsts.
- first class of female astronauts, 1978
- first American woman in space
She was a trailblazer.
- science major at Stanford University, physics
- leader of investigative commissions (Challenger and Columbia explosions)
She used her celebrity status to educate.
- founded Sally Ride Science
- opened the world of science to girls
- taught at the university level
- led by example, breaking down barriers with class and a professional attitude
Because of you, Sally, many young women will reach for the stars. Thank you.