>After I wrote my list of ten about Amigo, I promised La Petite I’d write about her, too. She responded, with her voice positively gooey and dripping, “Ooo, I feel so special.”
1. We share a talent for sarcasm.
2. We enjoy shoes. She loves her Converse All-Stars, and I actually enjoy taking her shopping for them because it’s so much fun.
3. We’ve seen all the Harry Potter movies together. I’ve read the books, too; she prefers the movies. Sometimes we chat afterwards, and I can fill in the back stories that the movies have to skip to save time.
4. We love our bunnies. In fact, our crazy bunny Peanut loves us best. He isn’t very fond of the men in the family.
5. We don’t mind getting dirt under our nails. she is good with flowers; I take charge of the vegetable garden.
6. We could watch the movie The Blues Brothers over and over again. We quote lines from the movie when they seem appropriate, and we know all the trivia. (Yes, Carrie Fischer’s salon is the “Curl up and Dye.”)
7. We can share a box of mixed chocolates without conflict. She likes the milk chocolate, while I prefer the dark.
8. We like fresh tomatoes and fresh green beans, right off the vine. Mmmm.
9. We enjoy our caffeine. She lives on Mt. Dew, and I love my coffee.
10. Green Bay Packer Football. ‘Nuff said.
>Too much fun! When I taught at St. Thomas, a student from Eau Claire showed up with a cheese tie one day….
>my face looks weird here……………..