You might be a Harry Potter fanatic if:
- You mutter Alohamora as you turn a key.
- You think Lumos as you flick a light switch.
- Your Harry Potter collection will never get swapped or donated to a Little Free Library.
- You get irritated when the family wants supper because you don’t want to stop reading.
- You’re nervous leaving the house without a wand. After all, there’s a war on!
- You find yourself quoting Albus Dumbledore at the strangest times. “Nitwit. Oddment. Blubber. Tweak.”
- You watch the movie The Patriot and wonder when Lucius Malfoy dyed his hair black.
- You go to cash a check and wonder why no one else notices that the goblins have the day off at the bank.
- You try to find 4 Privet Drive and 12 Grimmauld Place on Mapquest.
- The waiter looks at you strangely when you order “elf-made wine”.
It’s bitter cold outside – below zero wind chills, day after day. I might as well stay indoors, curl up in a blanket, and watch the Harry Potter marathon on FreeForm. It’s fascinating to look over the details – the foreshadowing, the creation of this amazing parallel world, J.K. Rowling’s craft as a writer. So despite the cold, I’ll stay warm and cozy. As my idol Albus Dumbledore once said, “…now, let us step out into the night and pursue that flighty temptress, adventure.”
This is an encore from a summer day several years ago as Amigo and I read the final book in the series: The Deathly Hallows. It is truly fascinating to reread and rewatch the Harry Potter series. I still wonder if I’m more like Professor MacGonagall or Professor Sprout.