- The children are fantastic.
- Teaching requires continual learning – in so many subject areas.
- If I’m ever on Jeopardy, my broad knowledge base might pay off.
- The challenge is never-ending; if I wanted an easy job, teaching wouldn’t be it.
- The variety never ends.
- I can dress in my team colors on casual Friday.
- I have a good excuse to buy and read young adult literature.
- I work with some amazing, caring, intelligent professionals.
- Teaching is a great creative outlet.
- A classroom sure beats a cubicle.
Please notice – the ubiquitous “summer off” didn’t even make the list. It is not a valid reason to become a teacher.