It was so cold —
- Schools closed for two days.
- Mail delivery stopped.
- Newspaper delivery stopped.
- Utilities company asked customers to turn their heat down so there would be enough natural gas to go around.
- Utilities company threatened to levy fines on Chuck’s workplace for using too much natural gas in keeping the plant operating!
- It was so cold that a hawk stopped in to keep warm over lunch.
Oh, yeah, people. It was that cold.
Brutal. And everything I read said to turn the heat UP a couple notches to better keep up with keeping people warm. Sorry, but businesses should shut it down before residents are asked to. The mall and a few other places should’ve been closed, common sense in the face of that awful freeze.