I had this in my archives, so I looked it up in the hopes that my overabundance of pears would work in the recipe. I diced the ripe pears, pulled a container of strawberries out of the freezer, and then baked. The original recipe called for a can of fruit, so why not fresh? Why not, indeed; pears and strawberries made a perfect combination.
Quick and Easy Fruit Cobbler
1/2 stick butter
1 cup sugar
1 cup flour (or 1/2 cup all-purpose and 1/2 cup wheat flour)
1 1/2 tsps baking powder
1 cup milk
1 can canned fruit, undrained
1. Preheat oven to 350 F.
2. Melt butter in an 8×8 baking dish (can be done in the oven or microwave).
3. In a separate bowl, mix together sugar, flour, baking powder, and milk.
4. Pour batter over melted butter in baking dish.
5. Pour fruit over the batter.
6. Optional: For added crunch, crumble granola on top.
7. Bake for 45 minutes.