>There are two simple brownie mixes on my list; the ingredients for these two are almost always plentiful in my cupboards.
Ingredients for 1 Quart Jar
1 1/2 cups packed light brown sugar, divided
1 1/2 cups sifted flour, divided
4 oz. chocolate morsels
1/4 teaspoon salt
1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
1 cup broken walnuts
Instructions for Jar:
1. In bottom of jar, pack 3/4 cup brown sugar.
2. Pour in 3/4 cup flour on top of brown sugar.
3. Add a layer of all chocolate morsels.
4. Put remaining 1/4 cup brown sugar in jar and pack down.
5. Add remaining flour, salt, and baking powder.
6. Pour walnuts on top and screw on lid.
Instructions for baking (include with gift tag):
3/4 cup (1 1/2 sticks) butter
2 extra large eggs
1 1/2 vanilla
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
2. While preheating, put butter in over-safe bowl and pplace in oven to melt.
3. Watch butter closely; remove from oven when butter melts and set aside to cool.
4. Pour all dry ingredients in jar into large mixing bowl.
5. Add eggs one at a time, stirring after each addition, and add vanilla.
6. Pour melted butter into mixture and mix well.
7. Prepare 8 x 8 inch baking pan with non-stick cooking spray.
8. Pour batter into pan and bake for about 30 minutes.
If you’re serving these at my house, you’ll make coffee, of course.
Ingredients for 1 Quart Jar:
1 1/2 cups packed brown sugar, divided
1/2 cup chocolate chips
1 cup flour
1 teaspoon baking powder
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 cup chopped nuts
Instructions for Jar:
1. Pack 3/4 cup brown sugar in bottom of 1 quart wide-mouth jar.
2. Pour layer of chocolate chips and layer of flour, baking powder, and salt in that order.
3. Top with chopped nuts and screw lid on jar.
Hmmm…. misprint, perhaps? It doesn’t tell me where to put the rest of the brown sugar. I think I’ll pack it on top of the flour layer and top with the nuts.
Instructions for Baking: include with gift tag
1 1/2 cups butter
2 eggs, beaten
1 teaspoon vanilla
1. Preheat oven to 350. Pour ingredients from jar into large mixing bowl.
2. In small saucepan over low heat, melt butter, stirring constantly. Set aside to cool.
3. Beat eggs and add vanilla.
4. Pour butter into egg mixture and mix well.
5. Pour egg mixture into dry ingredients and mix well.
6. Prepare 9 x 9 inch baking pan with non-stick cooking spray.
7. Pour batter evenly into baking pan and bake at 350 for 25- 30 minutes.
Serve with milk for the kids and coffee for the grown-ups.
These two came from a book called Brownies in a Jar. It’s published by Cookbook Resources, LLC. I don’t know if it’s still available; this was a gift a few years ago. I use it every December and sometimes in between! Nope, this isn’t a sponsored post, either.